- Download eBooks
- Download Audiobooks
- Download Magazines
- Download Music
- Streaming Videos
- Mobile Library Apps
- Online Learning
Chat is unavailable right now. Need additional help? Contact Us.
What would you like to download today?
Magazines from Zinio
Read full digital copies of your favorite magazines on a computer, tablet, smartphone, or mobile device.
What do you need?
- You’ll need your County of Los Angeles Public Library card & a computer or device with internet access (data rates may apply when downloading to a smartphone or device)
How does it work?
Browse our magazine collection on our website, create a free Zinio for Libraries account, and check out as many magazines as you wish!
- Go to colapublib.org/zinio in a web browser.
- Browse the library’s collection of magazines.
- Click CHECKOUT on your desired magazine.
- First time users, click CREATE NEW ACCOUNT to create your free Zinio for Libraries account. Enter your library card number, name, email and create a password.
- If you already have a Zinio for Libraries account, enter your email and password.
- Start reading your magazine on the computer, or get the Zinio for Libraries app for iPad, iPhone, Android and Kindle Fire HD to read on your device.
- When you want to check out more magazines, head back to colapublib.org/zinio on your web browser.
Zinio for Libraries App
- The free Zinio for Libraries app for iPhone, iPad, Android and Kindle Fire HD allows you to download and read your magazines on your device.
- After checking out magazines on colapublib.org/zinio, log into the app with the same email and password. Your magazines will appear in the app.
- Click on the cloud icon to download magazines onto your device. Data rates may apply – we suggest using Wi-Fi.
Checking Out Additional Magazines
- Using a web browser on your computer or device, return to your Library Zinio Collection at colapublib.org/zinio to check out additional magazines. Note: You cannot check out magazines from Zinio.com or the Zinio for Libraries App.
- How many can I check out? You can check out as many magazines as you wish. You can keep the magazine until you delete it from your computer or device. You do not need to return the magazine. There are never any overdue fines!
- I already have a Zinio.com account. Do I need to create a separate Zinio for Libraries account? No, if you have a commercial Zinio.com account, just use the same email address to link the accounts. The Zinio for Libraries app is a read-only app.
- Why doesn't the library subscribe to _____? We would love to offer all the magazines you want, but some popular titles are not available to the library.
- Can I read the magazine on both my computer and iPad? Yes, you can download the magazine in a number of formats including the computer, iPad, iPhone, Android tablet, & smartphone.
- How do I delete magazines? Sign into your account at colapublib.org/zinio. In MY COLLECTION, click on the garbage can to delete. On the app, select EDIT and click the X to delete titles.