Skip to content
How do I...?
East Rancho Dominguez Library
4420 E. Rose St.
Camille Ray, Library Manager
your local papers
Find more magazines and newspapers.
East Rancho Dominguez Library has:
Computer policies for the County Library
friends of the library
Friends of the East Ranch Dominguez Library is a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events - join today to get involved!
Friends of the East Ranch Dominguez Library provides these service(s) to support the library:
East Rancho Dominguez Library, formerly known as the East Compton Library, was originally located at 15121 S. Atlantic Avenue.
The library was opened for service on March 17, 1952, for thirteen hours a week with a collection totaling 4,860 books. At that time it was the fastest growing library in the Los Angeles County Public Library's 43-year existence and for that reason the library was relocated to 4205 East Compton Blvd on October 17, 1955.
In June 1955, the circulation was 2,616. By October 1955, it was 3,396. The collection had increased to 5,366 with a growth capacity of 10,000. By 1963, more space was needed and on April 17, 1963, the size of the building was doubled.
A Friends of the Library group was established in March 2000, with the installation of the first officers on March 18, 2000.
On October 29, 2012, the library moved to a new 7,215 sq foot building at 4420 East Rose Street. The new library was certified as LEED Platinum under New Construction and is the first county owned facility to achieve this status. The new library includes a meeting room, group study room, and large children's area. Photovoltaic (solar) panels are an important feature of the design that provides a renewable energy source to operate a portion of the facility as well as contributes to the aesthetics of the building.
Los Angeles-based artist, Louise Griffin, designed and fabricated 6 separate two-dimensional glass panels for the library.
Find more local links on delicious.
Library EventsSubscribe to events at East Rancho Dominguez Library