Angelo M. Iacoboni Library was founded in 1954 - the same year that Lakewood officially incorporated as a city. Originally the library was located in the Faculty Shops in Lakewood Center near what was then the City Hall.
The library moved to a larger building in 1959 and was rededicated in 1965 as the Angelo M. Iacoboni Library, after Lakewood's first mayor.
On February 12, 2001, the Angelo M. Iacoboni Library reopened for service following several months of renovation. The project was a joint effort of Fourth District Supervisor Don Knabe, the City of Lakewood and the County of Los Angeles Public Library. The remodeled library has a different layout, improved lighting, technology upgrades, and a Friends of the Library Bookstore.
Cerritos College: General information on Cerritos College, which serves the cities of Artesia, Bellflower, Lakewood, Hawaiian Gardens and Norwalk.
Lakewood Friends of the Library: The Lakewood Friends of the library is a group of individuals who help the library promote literacy in the City of Lakewood.
Lakewood Online: City issues, public information, calendar of events, council agendas. Updated twice a week. Invites active citizenship via two-way links with city government for local news and submission of city service and information requests.