La Cañada Flintridge Dial-A-Ride: available to registered residents 60 or older, or disabled residents of any age. The vehicles travel anywhere within the cities of La Cañada Flintridge, Glendale, La Crescenta, Montrose, Altadena and Pasadena west of Lake Avenue
The La Cañada Flintridge Library was established in May 1913 and was originally housed in the rear of a general store. It was the second branch of the Los Angeles County Public Library system.
The library was moved in 1915 to the La Cañada Elementary School where it remained through 1934. At that time, the library relocated again to a Foothill Boulevard store location where it stayed until June 1947.
A La Cañada Elementary School shop building provided temporary quarters until a library was built and opened on February 22, 1951. The library's current building was opened on June 16, 1971.
The library was refurbished in 1998 to freshen the interior and the checkout desk was replaced in 2002.