Littlerock residents petitioned the County of Los Angeles for library service in August 1914. The original collection totaled 222 books supplied by the County of Los Angeles Public Library and was housed in a private residence. The library moved to a home of its own - Grandma's Fruit Stand - in 1926.
Early in 1938, Littlerock Library moved to the remodeled front room of a house near Keppel Union School. An eight-year hiatus began in 1949 when the library was among several small branches that were closed in favor of instituting bookmobile service in the Antelope Valley. However, in September 1957, a stationary facility in Littlerock was, again, established.
In June 1962, due to increasing public demand, the collection was moved to a 1,000 square foot leased building at 8135 Pearblossom Highway. Improvements and modernization to the building were made in 1974, and in 1976, an additional 600 square feet was acquired for expansion.
On December 18, 1998, the Littlerock Library moved to its current location. The new location is 3,680 square feet with ample parking, an expanded children's area, reading and periodical area, public Internet workstations, and a parenting collection dedicated to Mrs. Cecile Bosworth.