- Hours & Locations
- Libraries A-Z
- Libraries by City
- Sunday & Holiday Hours
Chat is unavailable right now. Need additional help? Contact Us.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library
17906 S. Avalon Blvd.
Carson, CA 90746
- 10 - 8
- 10 - 8
- 10 - 8
- 8 - 6
Sarah Mae Harper, Library Manager
- Building size: 5024 sq. ft.
- Children's area with Family Place
- Teen Space
- Book Drop for returning items accessible 24 hours
your local papers
Find more magazines and newspapers.
- In person and telephone research assistance
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library has:
- Public computers: 7
- Early literacy computers: 1
- Free Wi-fi
Computer policies for the County Library
friends of the library
Friends of the Carson Library is a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events - join today to get involved!
Friends of the Carson Library provides these service(s) to support the library:
The original library opened in a leased storefront building at 18419 S. Avalon Blvd on June 4, 1959. The present library was dedicated on June 2, 1973.
- U.S. Congressional District 44: Janice Hahn
- California State Assembly District 64: Isadore Hall III
- California State Senate District 35: Senate District 35
- County Supervisorial District 2: Mark Ridley-Thomas
- California State Senate District 28: Ted Lieu
- California State University Dominguez Hills: This site offers class schedules, admission information, distance learning and other useful information about the California University System.
Find more local links on delicious.
Subscribe to events at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library
- Family Place Parent/Child Workshops, 11:00 AM, Wed, Oct 1
- Toddler Storytime, 10:00 AM, Wed, Oct 8
- Family Place Parent/Child Workshops, 11:00 AM, Wed, Oct 8
- October Book Club, 11:00 AM, Sat, Oct 11
- Teen Read Week: Achieve Your Dreams, 3:30 PM, Tue, Oct 14
- Family Place Parent/Child Workshops, 11:00 AM, Wed, Oct 15
- Teen Book Club: Mockingjay, 1:00 PM, Sat, Oct 18
- Read for the Record Storytime, 3:30 PM, Tue, Oct 21
- Family Place Parent/Child Workshops, 11:00 AM, Wed, Oct 22
- Family Place Parent/Child Workshops, 11:00 AM, Wed, Oct 29
See more events at this library, or look at another library's events